My 12 Favourite Dog Toys
On October 12th, we got an 11-week old Bernedoodle puppy. I was so excited my almost 40-year-old dream became true. What do puppies do when they are small? They play.
So I went to Amazon and started researching dog toys.
Below are some of my favourites:
Number 1: The Roadkill Toys For Dogs
All dogs love this toy. I learned about these fun tug-a-war toys when I went to agility with Cloe, our westie/bichon mix. She loved these fun squirrels, fox or raccoon squeaky. In those days, the fox I had became her most loved reward after running a successful agility course.
- They are all without stuffing and non-toxic.
- They are durable and your puppy or dog can even chew on them.
- You can get them from Amazon for only $9.99.
- Your dog will spend hours playing with them, so it is well worth it.
I also bought this version, and Sadie loves them. She plays with the Octopus a lot.
- These toys are an Amazon choice
- You can get them for $19.99
- Here again, they are non-toxic and don't contain toxic stuffing either.
- As you probably know, your puppy will try to eat anything, which can be detrimental to their health.
Number 2: Squeaky Balls You Can Fill With Treats Or Food
I bought several versions of these balls. They keep our now almost 4-month-old puppy Sadie busy while I am working on my website.
- There are 5 different dog toy balls in this pack. This way you give your dog more variety and fun.
- They are all made of safe and non-toxic materials to ensure the health and safety of your dog.
- The hollow IQ treat ball is our favourite. It keeps Sadie and Princess mentally and physically active. They love the treats that are being dispensed by this dog toy.
- The chew toy ball is excellent for cleaning your puppy's teeth. It can be used as a puppy toothbrush.
- There are a couple of squeaker balls. One of them will jump quite high and is ideal to play fetch with your ball.
- The fifth one is a rubber bouncy ball. It is a full sphere ball that is perfect to play fetch with your dog on all terrains.
- All balls are dishwasher safe and non-toxic.
- This set of 5 different balls costs $ 11.58
Sunglow 5 Different Functions Interactive Dog Toy Balls for Small Dogs, Dog Puzzle Toys for Boredom, Durable Squeaky Balls IQ Treat Ball Dog Chew Toys, Nontoxic Bite Resistant Toy Balls Treat Dispenser
Number 3: Plush Squeaky Snail
When I unpacked this toy Sadie took it right away and played with it for quite a while. She still loves it today.
Number 4: Kong
This toy is a great tool to get Sadie to eat her food slowly and keeps her busy for quite a while. We feed her raw homemade food.
- This product is made in the US
- It is on sale right now for $12.99 instead of $16.93 – However, depending on where you are you might be charged shipping.
- We have had this toy for many years. Our other dog, Cloe, loved to eat peanut butter. So we filled her Kong with it once in a while.
- Sadie loves to play fetch with it. It is so unpredictable where it jumps to. I think this is ideal to keep your puppy interested. and entertained.
- Your dog can also use the Kong as a chew toy. It is very durable and non-toxic.
- There is even a purple and softer version for senior dogs available.
Number 5: Interactive Treat Puzzle For Advanced Puppies
This is Sadie's favourite puzzle. I bought her several different kinds. She outgrew three of them very quickly, and one of them is still too difficult for her. This one she loves. I fill it while she is in her crate with an open door beside me. Then I cover it with some toys.
I also bought this one for her. However, it is quite a bit more difficult, so I have to help her.
Number 6: Snuffle Mat
This mat is a must-have, in my opinion. Sadie plays with it and even sleeps on it once she gets tired from playing. There are many different types of snuffle mats. You might want to choose a different one depending on the size of your dog.
Number 7: Advanced Snuffle Mat With 5 Puzzles
This one keeps Sadie busy for a long time. I hide toys and treats in the different pockets. I love this one too. It is an excellent puppy-sitter.
Number 8: Luminous Elastic Squeaker Balls
These balls are especially fun to play with now, when it is dark longer in the morning and dark earlier at night. Sadie loves them, and they are fun for me too.
Number 9: Treat Puzzle For Puppies
I bought this one for Sadie when she was only 11 weeks old. It kept her busy for a few weeks. Now she is bored with it. However, we had an adult dog visiting us the other day, and he didn't really know how to use it yet. He had never seen a toy like this one.
Number 10: Treat Puzzle For Puppies, Advanced
Number 11: Tricky Treat Ball
We recently got this one, and it is a full success. Today we had our neighbours' puppy visiting, and the two played very nicely with it.
Number 12: Dog Chew Toy With Squeaker And Treat Dispensing
I just found this one on Amazon. I am going to get it for our puppy for sure. It looks like a lot of fun.
I trust you enjoyed this article about My 12 Favourite Dog Toys. Please stay tuned for more blog posts to come shortly.
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
Thoughts? Ideas? Questions? I would love to hear from you. Please leave me your questions, experience, and remarks about this article on My 12 Favourite Dog Toys in the comments section below. You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@Close-To-Nature.org.