8 Most Delicious Keto Snack Recipes
Low-carb and high-fat snacks can be beneficial if you don't fully adhere to the keto diet. They frequently employ only a few ingredients, so you'll be satisfied for longer than 20 minutes after breakfast. Purchase store-bought bars and balls might add to your shopping bill. Whether you're new to keto or a seasoned pro, these 8 dishes are sure to satisfy your snacking cravings.
Health Benefits Of Keto Snacks
Dieting's worst negative effect is usually hunger. It is one of the primary reasons why so many individuals are unhappy and eventually give up.
On the other hand, a low-carb diet causes an automatic decrease in appetite.
Studies demonstrate that when people eat fewer carbs and more protein and fat, they consume much fewer calories.
More Weight Loss
One of the most straightforward and most efficient strategies to reduce weight is to cut carbs.
According to studies, those on low-carb diets lose weight faster than those on low-fat diets, even when the latter is intentionally calorie-restricted. This is due to the fact that low-carb diets assist your body in ridding itself of excess water, lowering insulin levels and resulting in rapid weight loss in the first week or two.
Participants who reduced their carbs lost 2–3 times as much weight — without feeling hungry — in trials comparing low-carb and low-fat diets.
In one research of obese adults, a low-carb diet was found to be more effective than a traditional weight loss diet for up to six months. Following then, the difference in weight reduction between diets was negligible.
Control Blood Pressure
Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is a significant risk factor for various disorders, including heart disease, stroke, and kidney failure.
Low-carb diets are an effective strategy to control blood pressure, lowering your risk of certain diseases and allowing you to live longer.
Increased ‘Good' HDL Cholesterol Levels
High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol is also known as “good” cholesterol. The higher your HDL levels compared to your “bad” LDL levels, the lower your risk of heart disease.
Eating fat is one of the best methods to boost “good” HDL levels, and low-carb diets are high in fat.
As a result, it is not surprising that HDL levels climb significantly on healthy, low-carb diets, but only moderately or even plummet on low-fat diets.
Reduced Blood Sugar And Insulin Levels
Low-carb and ketogenic diets can also help patients with diabetes and insulin resistance, both of which affect millions of people globally.
According to studies, reducing carbs considerably decreases blood sugar and insulin levels.
Some diabetics who begin a low-carb diet may need to immediately reduce their insulin dosage by half.
In one study, 95% of people with type 2 diabetes reduced or discontinued their glucose-lowering medication within six months.
Consult your doctor before changing your carbohydrate consumption if you use blood sugar medication, as your dosage may need to be adjusted to prevent hypoglycemia.
8 Keto Snack Recipes
1. Cheesy Keto Pizza Cups
- Vegan cheese: 1 oz
- Hand-grated whole milk mozzarella cheese: 1½ cups
- Egg: 1 large
- Mill almond flour: 1 cup
- Coconut flour: 2 tablespoons
- Pizza sauce: ⅓ cup
- Shredded cheddar cheese: ⅓ cup
- Mini pepperoni slices: ⅛ cup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the cream cheese and mozzarella in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stopping several times to stir. Add the beaten egg and mix quickly until ball forms. Knead by hand until slightly sticky, adding more almond flour as needed.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll out a portion between two sheets of greased parchment paper using a rolling pin. Repeat with the remaining dough, then press each piece into prepared muffin moulds to form little dough cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. If desired, remove from the oven and top with sauce, cheddar, and pepperoni. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately after removing from the muffin tins.
2. Keto Jalapeño Poppers
Keto Jalapeño Poppers are delicious! The crunchy crunch of the bacon, the fresh bite of the jalapeño pepper, and the warmed cream cheese combine to create an actual taste explosion. They're also straightforward to create, taking only a few minutes to prepare. These can be made in the air fryer or the oven.
Plus, depending on how many people you're serving, this dish easily scales up or down.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 6
- Cream Cheese, softened: 6 oz
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix: 1 tablespoon
- Jalapeños, cut in half with seeds and veins removed: 6
- Sugar-free bacon, cut in half: 6 slices
- Combine the cream cheese and homemade ranch seasoning blend in a small bowl.
- Toss the jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap the bacon halves around the jalapenos. Using a toothpick, secure the bacon.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees in the air fryer basket, or until the bacon is crispy to your liking.
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
When you want dessert but don't want to bake and want to stay keto? Buckeyes on the keto diet come to the rescue! These chocolate peanut butter fat bombs are prepared with nutritious peanut butter and peanut flour, making them healthy enough to eat as a snack. Still, the flavors of peanut butter and chocolate make them feel like dessert.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 48
- Natural peanut butter: 1 cup
- Plant base Butter: 6 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Sea salt: ½ teaspoon to taste
- Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend: 2/3 cup
- Peanut flour (no sugar added): 2/3 cup
- Sugar-Free dark chocolate
- Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Combine the peanut butter, melted butter, vanilla, and sea salt in a large mixing basin. To make the mixture smooth, use a hand mixer.
- Best and peanut flour should be mixed in until smooth—season with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 20 minutes if it is too sticky or thin to work with.
- To chill your hands, wash them with cold water. Scoop the peanut butter mixture with an extra small cookie scoop, shape the balls as desired, and place them on the lined baking sheet. Working swiftly and avoiding excessive contact with the balls will prevent them from melting.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes or until the peanut butter balls are firm.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Chocolate Dip Layer
- In a double boiler on the stove, melt the chocolate chunks. Heat the chocolate until it is completely melted and smooth, stirring occasionally.
- In the center of each peanut butter ball, insert a toothpick. Dip each ball in the melted chocolate, leaving a small amount of peanut butter visible on top. Remove the toothpicks and smooth over the holes with your fingers before returning to the baking sheet.
- Optional step: If you have any leftover chocolate, sprinkle it over the sugar-free buckeyes.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
4. Keto Granola Bars
This recipe for No-Bake Homemade Keto Granola Bars requires 6 ingredients and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. My delectable and nutritious granola bars are ideal to have in your purse for emergencies or to bring to school in your child's lunchbox. This dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, Trim Healthy Mama-friendly low carb granola bar recipe is excellent for everybody.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Servings: 12
- Raw almonds: 2 cups
- Unsweetened coconut flakes: 1 cup
- Xylitol: 7 tablespoon
- Erythritol: 7 tablespoon
- Coconut cream: ¼ cup
- Sugar-free chocolate chips: 1 cup
- Using parchment paper, line a 9 × 9 square baking pan. Use coconut oil to grease the pan. Pulse the almonds and coconut flakes in a food processor to coarsely chop them.
- Over medium-high heat, combine the sweeteners and coconut cream. Cook, constantly stirring until the mixture thickens and turns golden brown.
- Combine the almonds and coconut flakes with the syrup in a mixing bowl. Pour into the pan that has been prepared. Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, flatten the dough. On top of the hot nut mixture, sprinkle the chocolate chips. It should be hot enough for them to melt and stick a little.
- Bring to room temperature before serving. Refrigerate for 30 minutes at the very least. Remove the parchment paper from the baking pan. Using a sharp knife, cut the granola bars.
5. Low Carb Keto Tortilla Chips
This Low Carb Keto Tortilla Chips Recipe will quickly become one of your favourites! This is the dish to make when you want crispy chips with salsa, guacamole, or queso. We had no intention of giving up tortilla chips because we were following a ketogenic diet. As a result, we figured out a way to add them! You won't believe how simple it is to create our Low Carb Tortilla Chips at home.
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes | Servings: 6
- Part-skim shredded mozzarella: ½ cups
- Almond flour: ½ cup
- Golden flaxseed meal: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Black pepper: ⅛ teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Use parchment paper or silpat liners to line two large baking sheets.
- In a double boiler or the microwave, melt the cheese. If you're using the microwave, put the cheese in a large glass bowl and microwave it for 1 minute, then check and stir every 15 seconds until it's completely melted.
- After the cheese has melted, stir in the almond flour, flaxseed meal, salt, and pepper with a fork. Knead it a little with your hands until it resembles dough. (If the dough cools too much, you may need to reheat it in the microwave for a few seconds to make it easier to handle.)
- Make two equal balls out of the dough. Each dough ball should be spread or rolled onto the prepared baking sheets into an 8 by 10-inch rectangle. Make square or triangle-shaped chips out of each. Make sure the chips aren't touching on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides, flipping halfway through.
- Serve immediately or keep the chips in an airtight jar at room temperature for up to 3 days. Bake the chips for 5 minutes at 350F to re-crisp them after the first day.
6. Keto Chocolate Mousse
This delectable low-carb and keto chocolate mousse is simple to create. Heavy cream, sugar, unsweetened chocolate, and vanilla are the only ingredients, and no chilling is required!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 4
- Heavy Whipping Cream: 1 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted: ¼ cup
- Powdered Sweetener: ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Kosher salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Using a whisk, whip the cream to stiff peaks. Whisk in the cocoa powder, sweetener, vanilla, and salt until everything is well blended. It serves 4 people.
7. Cheesy Baked Cauliflower
Baked Cauliflower with Cheesy Sauce Tots is low-carb and gluten-free cauliflower tater tots ideal for a bite-sized snack! You can also use them as a tasty Keto side dish.
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 32 minutes | Servings: 4
- Large head cauliflower, coarsely chopped: ½
- Sharp cheddar cheese: ⅓
- Coarsely grated Parmesan cheese: ¼ cup
- Almond flour: 2 teaspoon
- Vege-Sal or slightly less regular salt: ½ teaspoon
- Spike Seasoning or another all-purpose seasoning blend: ½ teaspoon
- Fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Vegan Egg: 1
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Nonstick spray a Mini Muffin Pan that makes 24 muffins.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, but keep the majority of the interior core.
- Cauliflower should be coarsely chopped, placed in a microwave-safe bowl, covered with cling film, and microwaved for 2 minutes on high. Remove the cling wrap quickly to allow the steam to escape, and if there is any water in the bottom of the dish, drain it by placing the cauliflower in a sieve.
- In a food processor, combine the cauliflower and the steel blade, and pulse until the cauliflower is finely chopped but still slightly chunky. Drain the cauliflower in the colander again if there is any water in the food processor bowl.
- Add the sharp cheddar, coarsely grated Parmesan, almond flour, Vege-Sal or salt, Spike Seasoning (or any seasoning of your choice) and fresh-ground black pepper to a bowl of finely chopped cauliflower.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the egg until the ingredients are primarily covered in it.
- Scoop out rounded spoonfuls of the mixture and arrange them in the mini muffin pan with a One Tablespoon Cookie Scoop or a steel one-tablespoon measuring spoon. 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Turn each cauliflower tot in the muffin tin carefully over and bake for another 15 minutes, or until both sides are well browned.
- Serve hot, straight from the oven.
8. Keto Roasted Cauliflower
This easy keto roasted cauliflower hummus comes together quickly with tahini, lemon juice, and roasted garlic. It has all the rich flavours of regular hummus but with half the carbohydrates!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Servings: 8
- Head of cauliflower cut into florets: 1 medium
- Garlic: 3 cloves
- Olive oil: 3 tablespoons
- Tahini: ⅓ cup
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
- Sea salt: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin: ¼ teaspoon
- Lakanto liquid monk fruit sweetener optional 5-10 drops
- Paprika Optional: 1 dash
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the cauliflower and garlic with olive oil on a baking sheet. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cauliflower and garlic are soft. Allow 5 minutes for cooling.
- Combine the cooked cauliflower, garlic, and additional ingredients in a food processor. Blend until completely smooth—season with salt and pepper to taste. If necessary, more olive oil can be added.
- To serve, pour the mixture into a small bowl. To serve, sprinkle paprika and parsley over the top. Drizzle a little olive oil on top if desired. Serve with chips and low-carb vegetables.
Low-carb diets, especially those that emphasize high-quality, nutritious foods, can be helpful. Before making any dramatic dietary changes, consult with your doctor.
Both the Atkins and the keto diets are low-carb diets that may help with weight loss, diabetes management, and heart health.
The primary difference is that on the Atkins diet, you progressively increase your carb intake, whereas, on the keto diet, it remains deficient, allowing your body to stay in ketosis and use ketones for energy.
Though the more stringent keto diet may assist some people, a modest carb restriction — such as during the later stages of the Atkins diet — is sufficient for most people to reap the benefits of a low-carb diet. I hope you will love these keto snacks; if you try, let us know which one was best to taste and if you have any questions feel free to message here.
I trust you enjoyed this article on the 8 Most Delicious Keto Snack Recipes. Please stay tuned for more blog posts to come shortly. Take care!
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
Thoughts? Ideas? Questions? I would love to hear from you. Please leave me your questions, experience, and remarks about this article on the 8 Most Delicious Keto Snack Recipes, in the comments section below. You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@Close-To-Nature.org.
You might also enjoy these blog posts:
I did the keyword research for this blog
post in Jaaxy. Click on the banner
below and try it yourself for free.